Secret Pals 4

Secret Pals 4 is a gift exchange event for knitters and crocheters from all over the world. This event will last February 1 - April 30, 2005.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

FAQ's

Okay - so Miri is going to post some FAQ's later to help everyone out.

Right now though, I thought I'd cover one issue - which I probably SHOULD have done right from the get-go. A lot of people aren't sure how the secret pals were distributed and who's to remain anonymous to whom.

This is how the whole system works.

If there were only 4 participants, ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’ I would have matched them up as such

A sends to B
B sends to C
C sends to D
D sends to A

If you were participant ‘B’ you would know who ‘C’ was but you would keep your identity secret from them. ‘A’ would send to you but you wouldn’t know who they were.

You are keeping your identity secret from the person you are sending to.

Gift Suggestions

Here were some suggestions posted on SP2 - please feel free to add to this list:

1. Handmade soap or candles

2. Other bath treats--lip gloss, lotion, etc.

3. A bottle of wool wash. (Come on, admit it--you usually use dish soap!)

4. Candy

5. Music - make a CD!

6. Small knitted items, or a kit (make it yourself!)

7. Postcards and other mail (blank, or written to your pal by you!)

8. Other types of crafts that you do--quilting, papermaking, etc. Or maybe supplies for a new craft.

9. Books

10. Containers to hold your knitting supplies. Here you can get really creative!

Also, remember, Valentine's day is around the corner.

The 'How Many People from France' contest

The prizes - loverly stitch markers - for this contest are going out today! Yeah!

And for those of you who asked...here are the stitch markers created by my sister (with me as her wee elf.)

5 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger jen said...

Can I ask ... do we reveal ourselves at the end?

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the suggestion of a DIY knit kit; are there ethics or copyright issues with copying a pattern from a book and giving it to someone? I've been pondering this one for a few days...

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

Answer lady says:

1- we do reveal ourselves at the end.

2 - I'm getting hives answering the copyright question. Personally, I would never ask someone to photocopy a pattern for me, I know in the big picture copyright material is copyright - but I have been known to photocopy a pattern for a single person - especially if the book is out of date. That is the only thing I can really say.

3 - If you think you have revealed yourself, you can let me know and I'll ***try*** to work something out. Getting a new SP would mean that there is another person in the same boat - and that doesn't always happen.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tried to make contact with my secret pal and have had no luck,she hasnt posted on her blog for awhile now and did not put on her blog about being away,I have a valentines gift ready to go..should I wait until I hear from her?
~cara~
earth mother

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I get to join the "revealed squad" who accidently let our SPee's know who we are from starting block. She's been very sweet and not letting on (or maybe too busy to have actually noticed)

Does this take the fun out?

I'm such a dorf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home